Friday, November 9, 2007

Math and Global Warming




I did some math. A few months back, I discovered these facts (though they've been updated since then):

Number of miles put on my car since I got it (roughly 1 year ago): 17,000
Amount of money spent on gas since I started my most recent job (March 2007): $930

I never really minded my commute. I've been working at Soup2Nuts for just about 8 months. The drive just never really bothered me after I got used to it. I've wanted to move for a while, and I know I have to, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago, until I started thinking too much, that it all began to bother me. So, with the help of a calculator, this is what I've discovered.

Hours spent in car per day: 2.5
Hours spent in car per week: 12.5
Hours per month: 50
Hours per year: 600
Days spent in car per year: 25

That's right. The amount of hours I'll spend in my car, should I have this commute for a full year, will amount to 25 days. Could you imagine sitting in a car by yourself for 25 straight days? Could you imagine how much you could get done in 25 days?

That's right. I am the sole cause of global warming.

No comments: