Friday, January 4, 2008

Grief

I was going through my photobucket account, and came across these screenshots I took while I was making my "Wii Adventure" animation, when my Aryll model somehow became corrupt-



And for the record, here is what she was supposed to look like-


I was just thinking recently about how much grief this project caused me. Insane amounts. INSANE amounts. This is the point where I almost lost it. I was on the verge of going into fetal position on the floor around here... I forget how I fixed this issue, but I remember for a while thinking that the entire project, which I'd spent days, nights, weeks on, was corrupt. I think fixing it involved remodeling her a bit, but it eventually got done.

I used textures for mouth expressions. At certain frames, I obviously had to change the texture to show her emotion for that section (smile to frown, etc). I remember, after setting all that up for both Aryll and Link, all that data mysteriously vanished. 5 or 6 times. It got to the point where I had to write down on a sheet of paper what expression goes at what frame... it became this sort of math equation. In fact, I bet if I go into the file right now, the facial expressions will be gone again.




Oh, and here's some mock posters I did about 2 years ago for a "Silent Hill" movie contest that I completely lost in.

A
B
C
D

I know, cheesy. Well, that's what most movie posters are. :p

No comments: